Thursday, May 14, 2009

Purpose

"You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."

Words to live by, though we seldom do. It has been my experience that my ego and that of people of my acquaintance has gotten in the way of the truth. It has been more important to be right than to know the truth. Because of this marriages end (been there, done that sadly), relationships get stressed and sometimes broken (done and doing that again sometimes sadly), nations fight against nations, and within nations the irrational takes precendence over doing the right thing.

In this blog, I intend to publish the truth as I find it, and to expose lies that I uncover, and the ambiguities and vagaries that cause pain and suffering to others.

Where appropriate, I will blog about issues that arise because of the Law of Unintended Consequences, where good intentions resulted in bad results and victimization of people. The way of life is paved with good intentions, and where good intentions result in pain and suffering, those good intentions must be brought to the fore so that they can be corrected.

A particular focus of this blog will be looking at cases brought before Human Rights Commissions/Tribunals. I want to look at them from the perspective of the lives of the persons affected by the case, the person or group prosecuting the offense, and the person or group defending the case. I want to try and examine the lives of those involved before the incident that gave rise to the case occurred, during the prosecution, and after resolution.

I am interested in knowing if the HRC/T's have a positive impact on our society. So, I am hoping to hear from people that have been party to resolved or in progress cases, and to understand and then communicate about their experiences in this blog. Where it is necessary to protect the names of people as in the first case I am reporting on, I will do so. Where the case is a matter of public record or has been completed, I will probably prefer to report more specific details.

No comments: