Friday, April 23, 2010

Father Sam Johnston Needs Your Prayers

Cancer Diagnosis

I wrote the following at my other blog for Father Sam "Life in the Spirit"
At morning prayer this morning, Wayne Zimmer told us that Father Sam Johnston has been diagnosed with colon cancer.  That is all we know at this moment, but it is sufficient for us to go to prayer about.

As I receive more details I will relay them.

There will be the first gathering of a prayer group at St. Michael's in Ridgetown at 7 pm on April 29, and I hope that we will have the opportunity to pray with him directly at that time.

Please intercede for this holy priest and man of God in your daily prayers. 
Father Sam is a retired priest of the London Diocese.  Although he is in his 80's, he is still a spring chicken, having traveled to a mission in Columbia and to Medjugorge, as a priest/confessor already this year.  Retirement has only given him more time for prayer and to minister individually to those who come to him.  In fact, I think he works harder now than he did with his parish.

I am sure that if God really wants Father Sam to go home, that he will go with a smile on his face, but he has asked God to give him more time here to carry on the work he has been called to.

Father Sam received a prophecy just before he retired in 2005, which is posted here on his site.

One stanza in the prophecy was as follows:
My healing power is resting upon you;
A new fire is burning everywhere.
You may not understand My ways,
But turn to worship and prayer.
 I believe that God's healing power has been on Father Sam.  I have seen it operate in my life and in the life of My Dear Wife, when we have been in his presence.  But, one line says that "My healing power is resting on you."  I am praying that that power is available to Father Sam now, and that he will recover from this illness.

Please join me in praying for this faithful priest of God.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in your love for Father Sam.  Sacred Heart of Jesus, fill him with your blood.

No comments: